More often than not the serving a former landlord with court documents will be a challenge. Considering how many tenants some of these landlords have had throughout the years is evidence of such. However, there are reputable management companies as well as landlords that will treat their tenants with the respect they deserve. For the other landlords, there is Serve My Landlord - ECS, a company specializing in the service of hard to reach landlords.  You may have sent a friend to perform the service for you or you may have hired the Los Angeles County Sheriffs Civil Division and both have failed you.  Now it is time to hire the best in the industry, registered process servers that know the law and will serve your legal documents.  If you have a claim for service, if you have had no success..and if you want to get it done, you should hire Serve My Landlord -ECS!  Contact us today.  

Civil Code Sec. 1950.5

Security Deposit Refund

In accordance with the laws of the State of California, within 21 days of surrendering your rental property the former landlord is required to make the necessary distribution of your security deposit.  Keep in mind that your security deposit cannot be withheld for preexisting defects of the property.  This is why it is important to do a walkthrough with your landlord prior to taking possession of the property and properly documenting any existing defects.  Most importantly, a security deposit can never be deemed nonrefundable.   Upon vacating the your rental property, the landlord might send you a complete refund of your security deposit or submit an itemized deduction and reasons for such along with the remainder of your security deposit.  Deductions from your security deposit can be made for the cost of cleaning, carpets and drapes (useful life rule applies), repainting walls, and other damages sustained to the walls. 

A dispute between landlord and tenants does arise frequently, and if it cannot be resolved amicably, a tenant may file a small claims action against a former landlord and have it heard before a judge.  At Serve My Landlord – ECS, we serve your legal documents.  If you are having a difficult time locating a former landlord we can help with that too.  Contact our office where a knowledgeable registered process server will answer your questions and handle your case today.        


I Cannot Locate My Former Landlord

There are times that tenants come to us after diligently attempting to locate a landlord that cannot be found.  They try paid search sites in hopes that they can find their former landlord and serve him/her with legal documents.  Unfortunately, it isn’t as easy as performing a simple search online, there are times that good old investigative work, along with experience in the field is what delivers the results these former tenants require and lack.  At Serve My Landlord –ECS we pride ourselves in assisting our clients to locate as well as serve their legal documents for them.  Some landlords will do whatever it takes to avoid service, which includes providing wrong address leads to the post office, using a post office box, private post mail box, barricading themselves inside a home and other silly actions that some landlords conjure up.  If you or someone you know is in need of a registered process server to perform the duties of serving legal documents properly, and want to get it done properly, you need to contact Serve My Landlord –ECS today.  We are here to help you.  


What to look for in a process server ?

The general public has many options when it comes to hiring a process server.  However, there are some key factors that are overlooked and should be given a great deal of attention.  Hiring the right process server may determine the outlook of your legal case, therefore, the task of hiring a process server should not be taken lightly.  There are companies out there that will make any and all promises simply to gain your business and there are some that will even promise the lowest price in the market.  As the old saying goes, you will get what you pay for.  Something the consumer can do to protect their legal action for service is to do your homework.  Research on the internet for reviews, search sites like Yelp that will  give you reviews on the company.  Ask questions, ensure that the process server you are hiring is registered and bonded in the county in which they are performing service of process.  Don't wait until it is too late, the process server you hire may require more time to serve your legal documents that you may think.   Another noteworthy fact to remember is that there are no guarantees and if anyone gives you a guarantee be warned.    


The materials contained on this Web Site has been prepared for the general informational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice.  Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute any binding business contract or relationship. 
©2005-2011 Serve My Landlord - ECS